zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Four Points Academy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Dinner time!, Lynnie Rello
Bree
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 07:44 PM

Group: Student
Member No.: 88

Bree had finished her homework specially. Even though it was Friday night, it was all already done for the weekend so there was nothing else left to do. Closing her story book, Bree picked up the yellow pencil and clumsily wrote down the pages that she'd read. It was three more pages than she'd been told to read, too.

The young girl jumped off her chair, excitedly running through to her sister's room and bouncing onto her bed. "Lyn! I did all my homework! And read three more pages than I had to! It's all done! So I can go with Tony and Leann to Kalloni tomorrow, right? Their parents are letting them go without them! And it's only Kalloni. We're there every day, right? So I can go?"

Smiling brightly, Bree was hopeful that she had spoken so quick Hikalyn would just say yes without a second thought so she didn't have to go through it all again. "Is it dinnertime yet?"
+
Hikalyn
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 09:28 PM

"Heinous Bitch"

Group: Headmistress
Member No.: 6

She had at least a moment's notice before the relative quiet was shattered by Bree's barrage of questions, because she'd heard Bree begin her mad dash from the other room.

"In another few minutes," she said, answering the last question first--a tried-and-true tactic by now when it came to answering the streams of questions that her sister liked to hurl at the unsuspecting. Mentally bracing herself for the argument that would follow, she said, "and not without an adult, you're not."

--------------------
+
Bree
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 09:34 PM

Another few minutes until dinner? "But I'm hungry now. Homework makes me hungry, you know? I'll bet all the big kids here must be staaaaaaaaaarving after they do their homework..." Bree commented, letting her whole body flop onto the mattress. The fact Lyn had answered the second question first hadn't escaped her, not at all.

Not without an adult.

Dramatically, the brunette rolled her eyes, lifting her head slightly. "But Leann and Tony are allowed! And we're almost ten! And it'll be fine! Honest it will! It's only Kalloni, Lyn... not like... like... somewhere that isn't Kalloni." Pouting, Bree sat back up fully again, twirling her hair. "And I finished more reading than I had to! And all my homework's done and... and... please, Lyn?! Leann and Tony's parents are okay with it!"
+
Hikalyn
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 10:09 PM

"Heinous Bitch"

"I'm sure you are," Hikalyn said, biting back a smile at the girl's antics. Bree would not have appreciated the sentiment. "But I'm afraid that doesn't mean I can make it cook faster."

It was on the tip of her tongue to point out that she was not, in fact, Tony or Leann's parents, but she knew she'd just be wasting her breath. Instead she said, more gently, "Just because you're there all the time doesn't mean that something couldn't happen. And I know you're done your homework." Bree had, after all, just told her that twice. " don't mind if you go, I just don't want you going by yourself."

--------------------
+
Bree
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 10:15 PM

"I won't be on my own!" Bree sighed dramatically, letting herself fall backwards on the bed. "I'll be with Tony and Leann. And there'll be other people there, too! Like all the other people who are in Kalloni every day. Like the market stall holders and the nice lady in the cafe! They'll all be there," she whined, looking up at the ceiling instead of her sister.

She clearly had to think of a much better way to convince Lyn that she was old enough to go on her own. "Something could still happen when I'm like... really old... like... sixteen! And will I not even be allowed to go on my own then?" she asked, rolling back over to look at her sister, eyes wide. What did she even think could happen in Kalloni?!
+
Hikalyn
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 10:40 PM

"Heinous Bitch"

She couldn't quite prevent herself from making a face at Bree's remark about getting "really old," but decided it would be better not to rise to the bait.

"With an adult, I mean," she said, more firmly now, if only because it kept her from smiling at Bree's over-dramatic protests. "Just being around other people isn't the same as having somebody with you. Besides, the people at the market stalls and the cafe are busy working, you know. And it's different when you're older."

--------------------
+
Bree
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 10:50 PM

"You're being so unfair," Bree sulked, slipping off the bed and walking out of the room, and stomping across to her own, the thought of dinner completely out of her mind as she slammed the door, the sound echoing down the staff dorm corridors.

Hikalyn was being unfair. That was all there was to it. Bree wouldn't be on her own, and it was her two best friends that she was going with. They'd be there, too. And their parents thought it was okay. And they both lived in Kalloni, so their parents weren't far away.

Throwing herself onto her bed, Bree buried her face into one of her pillows. One day she'd be older and could do whatever she wanted.
+
Hikalyn
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 11:08 PM

"Heinous Bitch"

She was spared trying to come up with a response to Bree's complaints when her sister got up and stalked out of the room. "Don't slam the door," she said, automatically raising her voice over the noise. Of course Bree was disappointed, but that didn't mean she could get away with whatever she wanted.

Hiklayn had been halfway to offering to go into Kalloni with Bree and her friends herself, but she wasn't sure how well the offer would've been received--she was sure at least half the fun, as far as Bree was concerned, would be going without supervision. And she wasn't particularly inclined to do so anyway now that Bree had slammed a door in her face. Maybe later, after her sister had cooled off a bit. Hikalyn thought she'd probably cool off, anyway.

She went into their little kitchenette and made a show of opening and closing the cupboards, placing dishes on the counter a little more firmly than was strictly necessary. "Dinner is going to be ready in a few minutes, you know," she said. She didn't bother raising her voice; she knew Bree would be able to hear her. Better, for the moment, to just pretend their conversation just now hadn't happened.

--------------------
+
Bree
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 02:59 AM

Face buried in pillow, Bree could still hear the plates hitting the kitchen surface, and Lyn's voice telling her dinner was almost ready. Apparently the slammed door didn't offer that much privacy at all. Groaning, she rolled over, dark eyes looking up at the ceiling of her own bedroom this time, even though it didn't offer much of a different sight to that of her sister's.

It was a good five minutes of silence from Bree's room later that the door finally cracked open slowly, then a little more, then a little more. The girl dragged her feet over to the table in the kitchenette, and suddenly found herself hungrier than she thought she was when she was lying on her bed.

Swinging her legs backwards and forwards, she let go of an exasperated huff, letting her head fall back against the back of the chair with a light 'thud' noise, stubbornly not wanting to be the one to break the silence.
+
Hikalyn
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 03:53 AM

"Heinous Bitch"

Hikalyn wasn't particularly surprised when she received no response. She took her time setting the table, placing the plates and cutlery with elaborate care. When she was finished and Bree still hadn't emerged--there were only so many ways to prolong setting a table for two people, after all--she briefly debated going ahead with her own dinner, but decided to give Bree a few more minutes. She made herself busy at the sink, and sure enough, not long after she heard Bree shuffling into the kitchen.

Hikalyn seated herself at the table as if nothing had happened. Bree was sullen, silent. Hikalyn thought about just waiting her out, but decided that there really wasn't much point. So, after swallowing a mouthful, she set her fork down, raised an eyebrow at her little sister, and said, "it's going to get cold, you know."

--------------------
+
Bree
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 08:57 PM

Bree scrunched up her nose and picked up the fork for her dinner. Lyn had been the one to break the silence. Now she had to say something. Though not until after she'd eaten something. Okay, she'd said she wasn't hungry but actually...

A few minutes later, the young girl let her knife and fork rest against the plate. She'd had an idea. "Can I ask Hayzie if she'll come with us, if I can't go on my own? Cause I know you're real busy with work and stuff... I'm sure she wouldn't mind, would she?" It was the most words Bree had spoken in a good while, but her brown eyes were now pinned on her sister, hope in them. "Please? She's an adult, right? It'll be okay with her?"
+
Hikalyn
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 10:17 PM

"Heinous Bitch"

"Absolutely not," she said. And then could have kicked herself for phrasing it that way. She was usually pretty good at keeping her knee-jerk reactions to herself, but the memory of get Bree into bed at four in the morning was still a little fresh. She held up a hand, hoping to forestall a temper tantrum. "Tell you what. It's not so busy on the weekends anyway, and I don't mind coming with you." She smiled at Bree. Truthfully, she wasn't really sure she wanted to spend her day in the company of three nine-year-olds, but it wouldn't kill her to leave her office for a few hours, or to spend a bit more time with her sister.

Hoping against hope that she'd managed to head the argument off before it could start all over again, she added lightly, "Besides, Hayz doesn't count as a real adult anyway. You can tell her I said so." A bit petty, sure, but she had a hard time imagining that Hayz might actually be offended.

--------------------
+
Bree
Posted: Jul 26 2012, 06:37 PM

"You'll come with us?" Bree asked, dropping her knife and fork. She'd just been about to protest to the fact Hayzie was absolutely not going to go with them as a responsible adult. But Lyn wanted to go with them instead? Brown eyes regarded her cautiously, waiting for something to go wrong.

There was a crackeed smile, though. Bree could tell Hayz she didn't really count as a real adult. She'd have to tell her, after all.

"If we have to have an adult there... I suppose... it could be okay?"
+
Hikalyn
Posted: Jul 26 2012, 09:50 PM

"Heinous Bitch"

She found herself suppressing a wave of unexpected guilt, meeting her younger sister's wide-eyed, almost suspicious stare. So much for balancing her home life, such as it was, with working full time. Considerably more than full-time, she knew, if she'd bothered keeping track of the actual hours she put in. Still, she tried to make sure she spent enough time with Bree, outside of helping her with homework and walking her to school. Not hard enough, apparently.

"Of course I will," she said firmly, allowing herself to be encouraged a bit by Bree's cautious smile. She made herself smile, too. "That is, if you think your friends will still want to come if you have an old lady like me tagging along."

--------------------
+
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

<%COPYRIGHT%>

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0283 seconds · Archive