Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to NFL Draft Blitz. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

2007 Top 10 Players, Junior of the Year- Jimmy Claussen
JetsIrish05
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 03:56 PM

Undrafted Free Agent

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

Monstrous Class in '07

1. QB Jimmy Claussen
2. DT John Brown
3. OT Josh Oglesby
4. RB Noel Devine
5. WR Deonte Thompson
6. CB Ronald Johnson
7. ATH Joe McKnight
8. DE Ben Martin
9. QB Ryan Mallett
10. WR Arrelious Benn

It is apparent just by the names on this list and those not on it that the class of '07, top to bottom, has the potential to be one of the best in recent memory... With names like Chris Rainey, Armando Allen, Matt Simms, and Manny Abreu not on the list, it is apparent that this class will be amazing... Claussen is in all likelyhood the consensus #1 player in the country... The film I saw on John Brown was simply amazing... He gets through the line with ease while facing double teams constantly... He has the speed and quickness that few DT's have... He has to add size though... Ogelsby is just monstrous... The one minute clip on rivals they showed basically showed him throwing everyone around... We all know about Noel Devine, nothing much need to be said... Deonte Thompson was clocked running 3 consecutive 4.28 40's... I have not seen anything on the bottom 5, but I have heard the Arrelious Benn isn't a gamebreaking WR, but one of the more solid prospects to come along... He not only has great speed, but a set of hands who some are calling reminiscent of Chris Carter... For the Irish, they are rumored to be leading for Jimmy Claussen and near the top for Martin, Johnson, Benn, and Oglesby...
azrael502
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 04:07 PM

Second Round Pick

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 97

there are rumors for michigan to get johnson in a package type deal with dionte allen. both were first offered from michigan, and are said to be their favorites, however they're more then likely not going to commit right away, as they plan on taking visits in other parts of the countries (i believe allen said he wants to take a look at the south)

--------------------
user posted image
Captain Uberpants
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 07:13 PM

Second Round Pick

Member No.: 43

No John Brantley?

By the way, Florida is absolutely LOADED with talent in 07. John Brown, John Brantley, Devine, Allen, Rainey, Deonte Thompson, etc

--------------------
user posted image
azrael502
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 07:14 PM

Second Round Pick

devine's in texas i believe

EDIT: never mind...i just remember reading he'd be transferring to Texas after deion adopted him

This post has been edited by azrael502 on Jan 30 2006, 07:17 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Captain Uberpants
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 07:21 PM

Second Round Pick

QUOTE (azrael502 @ Jan 30 2006, 07:14 PM)
devine's in texas i believe

EDIT: never mind...i just remember reading he'd be transferring to Texas after deion adopted him

He lived in Fl. his whole life and then the thing with Deion happened and know hes back in Florida i believe. Grades are going to be a major issue for him, thank god FSU will gladly take him.

--------------------
user posted image
Skorik
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 09:55 AM

Second Round Pick

Member No.: 40

John Brown went off to war to fight on the foreign shore

--------------------
user posted image
Stealthy like a ninja!
handmadepretzel
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 02:10 PM

Undrafted Free Agent

Member No.: 279

minus the championship game, simms is a better physical product than clausen. stronger arm, better mechanics, and he's got better bloodlines than clausen. if clausen doesn't go to usc, simms should.
nepg
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 04:16 PM

Franchise Player

Member No.: 60

If I'm not mistaken, BC is #1 on Simms's list right now (another Don Bosco kid).
JetsIrish05
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 06:00 PM

Undrafted Free Agent

QUOTE (handmadepretzel @ Jan 31 2006, 04:10 PM)
minus the championship game, simms is a better physical product than clausen. stronger arm, better mechanics, and he's got better bloodlines than clausen. if clausen doesn't go to usc, simms should.

He very well could be, but I really don't know if he is a better player than Jimmy... For so many sites to have Jimmy as the number one player and easily the number one quarterback, it's hard to doubt them... Clausen makes all the throws, especially the deep bal... There are alot of QB's who will be near the top including Ryan Mallett, John Brantley, Stephen Garcia, and Will Korn... Though it is early and there is limited film, my rankings for QB's are:

1. Jimmy Clausen: + Makes all the throws -Must hit the weight room
2. Ryan Mallett: + Prototypical size, live arm w/ delivery -Mobility
3. Willy Korn: + Manipulates pocket, throws on the run -Lacks ideal size
4. John Brantley: + Touch on deep ball - Arm Strength
5. Tyrod Taylor: +Athleticism - Arm strenth

All in all, it is just an unbelievable year at the QB position...
Captain Uberpants
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 10:17 PM

Second Round Pick

Not a top 10 player, but saftey Major Wright from STA (same school as Sam Young) looks like he has the potential to be a Sean Taylor type saftey. He can bring the wood and looks decent in coverage.

--------------------
user posted image
azrael502
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 10:35 PM

Second Round Pick

i'd like to mention that ryan mallet is texerkana's starting point guard...at 6'7 235.

--------------------
user posted image
JetsIrish05
Posted: Feb 13 2006, 09:26 AM

Undrafted Free Agent

QUOTE (Captain Uberpants @ Feb 13 2006, 12:17 AM)
Not a top 10 player, but saftey Major Wright from STA (same school as Sam Young) looks like he has the potential to be a Sean Taylor type saftey. He can bring the wood and looks decent in coverage.

That's rivals top 10... I believe Wright is a top 10 player, but I don't think he is a young Sean Taylor... He does not appear to be as good in coverage as Taylor... With the hits I saw him laying in the film on rivals, I think that he is the next Roy Williams...
Captain Uberpants
Posted: Feb 13 2006, 10:47 AM

Second Round Pick

I think he will progress in coverage as he goes through college like a Sean Taylor or Roy Williams did. Id love to have a saftey like this kid on my team.

--------------------
user posted image
Russell B
Posted: Feb 14 2006, 01:07 AM

Third Round Pick

Member No.: 6

Oklahoma has about a 10% chance to get any of these players, with all ten percent being with Ryan Mallet...sad face.

--------------------
user posted image
hasley10
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 11:32 AM

The Man The Myth The Legend

Member No.: 34

mark Tyler should be on that list also, man he packs a punch for his size 6 foot about 210 pounds...he and claussen might decide together in like some kind of package deal...id like to view both of these guys this year during the season and see how they do...im guessing this oak christian team runs a spread offense.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | High School Football and Recruiting | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1698 seconds | Archive