InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to NFL Draft Blitz. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Jets Notes!, remember this sh*t from the 1st board
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 08:11 AM

The whole f'n show.

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 59

QUOTE (Cornbread @ Feb 18 2006, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (MA2046 @ Feb 18 2006, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (Cornbread @ Feb 18 2006, 08:52 AM)
C Kevin Mawae?

Why would they release arguable the best center in football?

age, salary, health. its as simple as that.

I think they would be stupid to release him, he should be able to play a couple more years, he is not that old. Heck at 75% he is still better that almost all the strating centers in the league. If he does get released I would be happy because Parcells would snatch him up in about 2 seconds.

I believe he is 35, having played 12 seasons in the NFL. Yeah, he's still young? He still has 2 more seasons on his contract. He's good, very good, but to go out and say he is better than 75% of the centers in the NFL might be a bit extreem.

Of course you would welcome that signing, thats all Parcells does; he signs his old players and they don't exactly work out for him. He has little trust for young players and the idea of actually developing players.

This post has been edited by MA2046 on Feb 18 2006, 08:12 AM
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 08:36 AM

Second Round Pick

Group: Staff
Member No.: 156

Kevin was still playing at a very high level before his tricept injury, he keeps his self in great shape and I don't see why he couldn't play a couple more years.

What are you talking about, Parcells has had great success signing his ex-players. Just look at all the former players that have played great for him:

1. Richie Anderson
2. Terry Glenn
3. Keshawn Johnson
4. Aaron Glenn
5. Drew Bledsoe
6. Curtis Martin

The only player that didn't play that well for him was Testeverde

--------------------
Gosh
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 08:38 AM

The whole f'n show.

Yeah Bledsoe did so well down the stretch for the Cowboys this season. The team traded for Drew Henson, these past 2 seasons when the playoffs were 100% not going to happen, he should have been playing. Thats poor development, and planning for the future.
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 08:46 AM

Second Round Pick

QUOTE (MA2046 @ Feb 18 2006, 09:38 AM)
Yeah Bledsoe did so well down the stretch for the Cowboys this season.  The team traded for Drew Henson, these past 2 seasons when the playoffs were 100% not going to happen, he should have been playing.  Thats poor development, and planning for the future.

You are getting a little off topic aren't you? I don't think you really know what you are talking about. Henson was traded for three years ago, that was a Jerry Jones deal. He hasn't developed as expected and they sent him to NFL Europe, he isn't even close to being ready to play in the NFL, in fact he was the 3rd string QB, he wouldn't have played anyway even if Bledsoe got hurt. Tony Romo is the 2nd string guy.

The Cowboys fading down the stretch had nothing to do with Bledsoe, he had a great year, the offensive line injury to Flozell Adams and the poor play of Rob Pettiti, Torrin Tucker and Al Johnson were the reason.

If you remember correct the Cowboys were not knocked out of the playoff this year until just before the start of the final game, so when should have Dallas got Romo some snaps? That's why they have pre-season. If Henson doesn't look good in NFL Europe and even if he does, Dallas might bring in a veteran guy for some back up insurance, but Bledsoe will the be the Cowboy QB for the next few years.

This post has been edited by Cornbread on Feb 18 2006, 08:51 AM

--------------------
Gosh
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 08:50 AM

The whole f'n show.

that still doesn't discount the fact that the younger players should have been playing, especially in the 2004 season when they knew it was over. the line might have fallen apart, but it was still bledsoe who was turning the ball over.

In the first 8 games of last season Bledsoe had 6 INTs, and 10 fumbles, 3 of which he recovered himself.

In the remaining 8 games he had 11 INTs, and 7 fumbles, none of which he recovered.

In fact he only had 1 game all season where he didn't throw an INT or put the ball on the ground.
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 08:53 AM

The whole f'n show.

Anyway, with Kevin Mawae at age 35, the Jets would be smart to start looking to the future. At this point they really need to just dismantle the team and purge the older players and rebuild the team from the ground up.
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 09:09 AM

Second Round Pick

If you are going to start throwing stats up then show the entire picture:
Bledsoe completed over 60% of his passes for 3,639 yards and 23 Tds. Yes he threw a lot of INTs but he also threw a lot of TDs. He was rated 17th out of 32 QBs and 8th in the NFC. For passing yards and TD passes he was ranked 8th in the entire NFL. He got sacked a record number of times, he had no time to throw and did I mention that he did this without much of a running game. If you watched Dallas this year, which I doubt you did, you would understand that bledsoe was not their problem.

It is safe to say that Bledsoe was a good pick up for Dallas, especialy since he was a free agent, they didn't even have to trade for him.

--------------------
Gosh
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 09:12 AM

The whole f'n show.

QUOTE (Cornbread @ Feb 18 2006, 10:09 AM)
If you are going to start throwing stats up then show the entire picture:
Bledsoe completed over 60% of his passes for 3,639 yards and 23 Tds. Yes he threw a lot of INTs but he also threw a lot of TDs. He was rated 17th out of 32 QBs and 8th in the NFC. For passing yards and TD passes he was ranked 8th in the entire NFL. He got sacked a record number of times, he had no time to throw and did I mention that he did this without much of a running game. If you watched Dallas this year, which I doubt you did, you would understand that bledsoe was not their problem.

It is safe to say that Bledsoe was a good pick up for Dallas, especialy since he was a free agent, they didn't even have to trade for him.

when you only account for 25 total TDs and at the same time account for 25 turnovers you shouldn't be proud of that. He had 17 fumbles, he was lucky that 9 of them were recovered.
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 09:23 AM

Second Round Pick

Yea you are just looking up stats on ESPN, but you probably never even watched the Cowboys play. The QB is only 1 of 11 players, trust me Bledsoe did his part, he wasn't perfect but his play didn't keep Dallas out of the playoffs.

Kevin Mawae is aging no doubt, but he would be a nice addition and insurance policy in case Al Johnson doesn't take the next step. Look Parcells is on the wrong side of 60 and isn't going to be around much longer, he is in a win now mode and he has always favored veterans, that's just his style. I can't argue with that mentality either, the NFL is a win now league, especialy with the future of the current collective bargaining agreement in doubt. The Jets are way over the salary cap and clearly aren't in a win now mode so it makes sense on both regards.

This post has been edited by Cornbread on Feb 18 2006, 09:24 AM

--------------------
Gosh
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 09:29 AM

The whole f'n show.

QUOTE (Cornbread @ Feb 18 2006, 10:23 AM)
Yea you are just looking up stats on ESPN, but you probably never even watched the Cowboys play. The QB is only 1 of 11 players, trust me Bledsoe did his part, he wasn't perfect but his play didn't keep Dallas out of the playoffs.

Kevin Mawae is aging no doubt, but he would be a nice addition and insurance policy in case Al Johnson doesn't take the next step. Look Parcells is on the wrong side of 60 and isn't going to be around much longer, he is in a win now mode and he has always favored veterans, that's just his style. I can't argue with that mentality either, the NFL is a win now league, especialy with the future of the current collective bargaining agreement in doubt.

So I guess I missed those 2 Eagles/Cowboys games then? From what I can recall I watched the Chargers/Cowboys game, the Giants/Cowboys game in New York, the MNF Redskins/Cowboys game, both of the Eagles/Cowboys game, the Denver/Cowboys Thanksgiving game, and lastly the Ram/Cowboys game.

This post has been edited by MA2046 on Feb 18 2006, 09:30 AM
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 09:57 AM

Second Round Pick

QUOTE (MA2046 @ Feb 18 2006, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (Cornbread @ Feb 18 2006, 10:23 AM)

Kevin Mawae is aging no doubt, but he would be a nice addition and insurance policy in case Al Johnson doesn't take the next step. Look Parcells is on the wrong side of 60 and isn't going to be around much longer, he is in a win now mode and he has always favored veterans, that's just his style. I can't argue with that mentality either, the NFL is a win now league, especially with the future of the current collective bargaining agreement in doubt.

So I guess I missed those 2 Eagles/Cowboys games then? From what I can recall I watched the Chargers/Cowboys game, the Giants/Cowboys game in New York, the MNF Redskins/Cowboys game, both of the Eagles/Cowboys game, the Denver/Cowboys Thanksgiving game, and lastly the Ram/Cowboys game.

OK you watched Dallas and feel qualified to comment on Bledsoe, congratulations. Umm looking at the games you watched most were before the offensive line completely fell apart. But if you did watch the Rams game for example you would have noticed Bledsoe was getting pulverized at about the same time he was getting the ball.

But back to your original point, you contend that the veterans (ex-players) that Parcells has signed have not played well for him and you are using Bledsoe as an example. That's fine, you are well entitled to your opinion, but I would contend that most people that are knowledgeable about football feel that Dallas came out pretty good by getting Bledsoe as a free agent and over all he played very well behind a very poor offensive line.

--------------------
Gosh
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 10:06 AM

The whole f'n show.

I grow tired of him going back to his former players, the "Parcell's guys", I find it comical. It hasn't worked now in back to back seasons in that he doesn't have a playoff contender. Yes their offensive line took massive hits, but for a large part they still had the vast majority of their offensive starters out there every week.

As for your comment on what games I watched, you decided to play the "i bet you didn't even watch them" game. Whats funny is that with the majority of those games being with the "pre-fallen apart OL" he still had 7 INTs, and he put the ball on the ground 7 times as well.

This post has been edited by MA2046 on Feb 18 2006, 10:06 AM
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 10:11 AM

Second Round Pick

So I guess I missed those 2 Eagles/Cowboys games then?

Do you mean those two Bledsoe wins over the Eagles where he threw 41 passes, with 59 completions and 485 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT?

Yea the way you talked it didn't sound like you watched any of the Cowboys games this year. Maybe you watched but didn't see. wink.gif

Seriously Bledsoe didn't play bad this season. With a good offensive line around him he is one of the best passers in the league. Think about it, they had a brand new rookie right tackle, their best lineman (Flozell) missed most of the season, Marco Rivera was new, missed all of camp with a bad back and played poorly, Larry Allen played suprisingly well but is just a shell of his former self and Al-Johnson (Center) coming back from micro-fracture surgery on his knee struggled against bull rushers all year. i think the only game they looked good was that first game against the Eagles.

This post has been edited by Cornbread on Feb 18 2006, 10:16 AM

--------------------
Gosh
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 10:16 AM

The whole f'n show.

QUOTE (Cornbread @ Feb 18 2006, 11:11 AM)
So I guess I missed those 2 Eagles/Cowboys games then?

Do you mean those two Bledsoe wins over the Eagles where he threw 41 passes, with 59 completions and 485 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT?

Ouch, I know that was a low blow, but seriously Bledsoe didn't play bad this season. With a good offensive line around him he is one of the best passers in the league.

way to avoid the other 6 games that I brought up. the guy had a 1:1 td:turnover ratio, thats pathetic. even Mike Vick had a better ratio, and we all know about how "great" of a QB he is.
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 10:19 AM

The whole f'n show.

this is just getting boring now, so I'm moving on. you can feel free to stay and talk about what an amazing QB bledsoe is and how all of the blame falls on his offensive line.

as for the jets. hold on for brady quinn.
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 10:29 AM

Second Round Pick

Back to back seasons he doesn't have a playoff contender? Even you don't believe that. They barely missed the playoffs this year and they are already considered a contender next year. Parcells formula has been a success, and that is not even debatable, he turned around a Giant team and won a superbowl with them, he then turned around one of the worst teams in NFL history and took the Pats to the Superbowl and then took another horrible team, the Jets and took them 1 game away from the Superbowl. He isn't done yet at Dallas, but he took a team that was on the ropes and made them a playoff contender. Even if he fizzles out and is a failure at Dallas his record speaks for itself and he will go down in history as a great coach.

Anyway MA2046, you are just a Cowboy hater trying to pick a fight, deep down you don't even believe your own baloney.

--------------------
Gosh
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 10:30 AM

The whole f'n show.

QUOTE (Cornbread @ Feb 18 2006, 11:29 AM)
Anyway MA2046, you are just a Cowboy hater trying to pick a fight, deep down you don't even believe your own baloney.

yeah thats it, that drew bledsoe cat is the greatest QB of all time and is a 1st ballot HOFer. blink.gif

i think i may shoot myself now.
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 10:31 AM

Second Round Pick

QUOTE (MA2046 @ Feb 18 2006, 11:19 AM)
this is just getting boring now, so I'm moving on. you can feel free to stay and talk about what an amazing QB bledsoe is and how all of the blame falls on his offensive line.

as for the jets. hold on for brady quinn.

I never said he was a great QB MA2046, I said he didn't play bad and was a good pickup as a free agent.

--------------------
Gosh
Jojo
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 10:48 AM

Grizzled veteran

Member No.: 50

Release Fiedler &/or Pennington, how can they help but take a QB in the early 1st? Doesn't that leave the roster bare of QBs? THey won't have the time to wait for Quinn.

This might be insult to injury, but the hyping of Cutler that will peak about draft time will drive them to maybe trade up to get him. The media will talk him up into a top 5 pick & it will be almost completely undeserved.

And I agree that Mawae will be re-employed very soon, maybe by Parcells. He's a long-snapper too, & brings a lot to the party.

I agree with the comment about NY teams afraid to rebuild or announce it -- to state to the tabloid press that you're taking the slow, high-%age rebuiulding through the draft approach is to ask them to attack your coaching capabilities. It's just b/c rebuilding doesn't make good sports copy, but provoking an internal squabble that results in a team management meltdown, now that sells papers. Look at what happened with the Herm Edwards to KC story ......

This post has been edited by Jojo on Feb 18 2006, 10:50 AM
GeorgiaBDogs09
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 03:19 PM

Undrafted Free Agent

Group: Members
Member No.: 397

If coles is cut i see the eagles picking him up he has to have something left. He did bad this year cuz NY Jets have no QB Coles come to Philly

--------------------
user posted image
MA2046
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 03:22 PM

The whole f'n show.

QUOTE (GeorgiaBDogs09 @ Feb 18 2006, 04:19 PM)
If coles is cut i see the eagles picking him up he has to have something left. He did bad this year cuz NY Jets have no QB Coles come to Philly

Don't bank on that one. He'll want high money, and he won't be worth it.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | NFL Draft Blitz | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2055 seconds | Archive