InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to NFL Draft Blitz. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Borderline
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 17 2006, 09:51 AM

Second Round Pick

Group: Staff
Member No.: 156

Who are some players (prospects) that you think are borderline first round guys that with a good combine could sneak into the first round? The bottom half of the first round is very fluid. Here are a few that come to my small mind:

1. G Davin Joseph:
Broderick Bunkley stated that he was the toughest lineman that he faced at the senior bowl.

2. WR Sinorice Moss:
He might be the fastest player at the combine and with his strong senior bowl someone might grab him in the 1st.

3. C Nick Mangold:
Some people contend that centers shouldn't get drafted in the 1st round. Why? If they are good enough and Mangold might be that good. It is much more than just the senior Bowl. Mangold has been dominate all year. Center is an under appreciated position along the O-line. You can see that by the high salary of the pro bowl NFL centers. Chris Spencer was drafted 26th last year and Mangold is probably a better prospect.

4. G Charles Spencer:
Great feet, great size, great season and great senior Bowl. He went from defensive tackle to offensive guard to offensive tackle. he plays with a mean streak and will be a quality guard in the NFL.

5. Brodie Croyle and/or Charlie Whitehurst:
Stranger things have happened and there is a huge need in the NFL for quality quarterbacks.

6. WR Maurice Stovall:
Some team might fall in love with his potential. He has shown to be very dedicated getting his weight down from around 230 to 219.

7. TE Dominique Byrd:
No this is not just because of the senior bowl practices, but he is a talented player and NFL teams seem to reach for tight ends.

8. DE Pars Haralson and/or Mark Anderson:
A couple real talented players that are rising up the boards. A team might try to make them into an OLB in the 34 defense.

9. CB Kelly Jennings:
Tye Hill is already a top 15 pick in my opinion, but if Jennings has a blazing fast 40 yards sprint time he could be one of the sneakers.

10. S Daniel Bullocks:
KInd of flying under the radar but has had a great post season, he is better at pass coverage than originally thought. Probably a second rounder but with a great run at the combine he might sneak into the first.

This post has been edited by Cornbread on Feb 17 2006, 10:15 AM

--------------------
Gosh
BigChanduski
Posted: Feb 17 2006, 10:02 AM

Is Luke in you?

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 7

I have to agree on Haralson. He's one of my favorite DE prospects. He's going to be a very good pass rusher. Reminds me of Umenyiora. Others...

1. Kamerion Wimbley DE: If Jason Babin can go in the first round, I think he can too. Good first step, solid vision. I think he's one of the more underrated guys in this draft.

2. Derek Hagan WR: This one might be wishful thinking, but it's a down year for WR's, and the guy is a TD machine. I see him being very similar to Larry Fitzgerald. If Derek can run around a 4.5 he'll be okay, but if he goes sub 4.5 I think he sneaks into the bottom half of round 1.

--------------------
QUOTE (nepg @ Oct 20 2005, 02:55 AM)
i'm, tired and somewhat intoxitcated...where is bbboobby coarpenter?
Cornbread
Posted: Feb 17 2006, 10:19 AM

Second Round Pick

Group: Staff
Member No.: 156

1. I was thinking Wimbley was already a first rounder.

2. I can't see any way in the world Hagan makes it into round. He has to be falling like a rock, doesn't show good seperation and bad hands. Yes if he runs a 4.49 or better he might, but on the field he doesn't look to have that kind of speed to me.

--------------------
Gosh
GeorgiaBDogs09
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 03:22 PM

Undrafted Free Agent

Group: Members
Member No.: 397

I agree on the Sinorice Moss thing he is a 1st round pick for sure. He will do good at the combine and his name will help him out. He is also From Da U

--------------------
user posted image
nepg
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 03:43 PM

Franchise Player

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 60

Davin Joseph got smoked by the big DTs in the senior bowl... Not strong enough and plays too high for a guy who needs every advantage he can get against a bull rusher.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | NFL Draft Blitz | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1799 seconds | Archive