Welcome To The Smokey And The Bandit Forum

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Smokey And The Bandit. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

All bandit cars specs?
BrownBandit
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 03:55 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Anyone know what the exact specs of the three Bandit cars used in all three movies were?. I know 1st had 6.6L, 2nd had 4.9L Turbo and 3rd 5.0L, but want to know details specs and any special mods made for the movies only? Thanks.

--------------------
user posted image
The Snowman
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 08:16 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I did read somewhere that the 4.9 turbo wasn't that impressive, and it was actually equipped with nitrous for the movie. You do bring up a good question though, I'll have to do some research and see what I come up with.
chris142
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 09:47 PM

Member No.: 2

I knew a guy in highskool that had a turbo 4.9 in a Trans Am. My 4-cyl Toyota Pickup with a header and carb would smoke that car. tongue.gif

--------------------
"I was goin that fast" you damn right you was "I didn't know this truck could do 96 miles an hour"
BrownBandit
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 10:05 PM

Yea, the 4.9L Turbo had about 210hp, while the 5.0L had about 145hp...thats dam slow compared to the 6.6L. I am sure they modified them.

--------------------
user posted image
travis68-70dodgecharger
Posted: Jan 28 2007, 09:50 PM

Member No.: 16

hey everyone im new to the board.some of the info from the t/a from the first movie.you know when bandit is at the texas welcome sign that is a 1976 455 blackbird.also there is another 4 speed t/a.also from another source of mine they had a t/a with a bb chevy engine and nos which was used for the jump and when they show the speedo going up.i dont know if some of this is already talked about.well this is a awsome board.

Travis F

--------------------
user posted image
BrownBandit
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 08:48 PM

Great info Travis, you sure know your cars

Anything on the Turbo T/A from SATB2?

--------------------
user posted image
The Snowman
Posted: Feb 5 2007, 03:00 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Good info, thanks for posting!
Bandit455
Posted: May 30 2007, 03:00 AM

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (BrownBandit @ Jan 29 2007, 08:48 PM)
Great info Travis, you sure know your cars

Anything on the Turbo T/A from SATB2?

its a 1981 301 turbo 4.9 . 0-60 in 16 seconds does the quater mile in 18 seconds only 33'000 of trans am's made not sure about the turbo aspect but they came with radial tuned suspention made for corner's

I did read somewhere that the 4.9 turbo wasn't that impressive, and it was actually equipped with nitrous for the movie. You do bring up a good question though, I'll have to do some research and see what I come up with.

The 4.9 was a very gutless motor. i've never like'd them
BrownBandit
Posted: Oct 30 2008, 04:57 PM

Later they got it the turbo right and created the fastest Trans Am ever. It was the 1989 Turbo V6. The only Trans Am in V6 form and the fastest.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Bandit's Car | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1509 seconds | Archive