- Site gone :(File Share Policy:
[The folllowing was posted at The Sims Resource (http://thesimsresource.com/) in the "General Discussion" forum]...
"This was posted today at the alt.games.the-sims group:
Hi Sims People,
Howdy. This is an announcement to formally confirm that, as of today, all sims fans are allowed to share/exchange all my existing files, subjected to the following:-
- Public Solicitation: people are free to openly solicit for any particular Simorphor files [elevator/ glass wall etc] in newsgroups, e-groups, and other online web-based sims communities and have that file sent to them *via private email* by volunteering individuals
- Private Sharing: The exchange of Simorphor files is PRIVATE = between individuals, via email as an attachment. Posting solicited/ unsolicited Simorphor file/s to any public forums or via mailing lists is considered bad form by me.
- Public hosting of Simorphor files by e-groups or community web sites is NOT allowed, and should not be confused with public solicitation and private sharing
- Jpeg Usage: downloading my object photos [in jpeg] for use on other sims sites/ sims communities/ forums is allowed PROVIDED THAT *creator name* and *direct link to
Simorphor index page* are given next to EACH photo. However, sims sites which display Simorphor object photos do not have the right to offer Simorphor files for download via any means.
- Direct Linking to Simorphor files, jpegs or all downloadable files, is of course *strictly prohibited*, as it is theft in the most blatant form, and will contribute to unnecessary bandwidth expense burden on my part, not to mention unfairly depriving many visitors from entering my site
I'm doing this as I continue to receive many emails requesting for specific files due to "traffic access reached and access denied" problem, despite my recent bandwidth upgrade. Many newbies and veterans have asked me about my file-sharing policy in good spirited manner and I think it's time I set my creations free for private sharing. I know private exchange of files had been going on for some time but I just want to give it a public OK anyway...
Meanwhile, when I find the time and energy, I shall go through my site and analyse the traffic and access problem, and verify if some unethical sites are indeed stealing my bandwidth.
Do spread this announcement to other communities and egroups such as N99 etc. Thank you...have fun and joy, and don't let the madness out there bring you down!
Cheers & good will,