This was started by HoneyB from Sunni Sims tutorials from Project O on making Collections. Sunni Sims site is gone now. HoneyB had taken her basic tutorial added it here with screenshots to make it a little easier to follow. Thanks B
Making collections in the game is a great way of keeping your items organized when u decorate. It
is especially great for help in finding those little decorative knick-knacks.
Collections are a group of icons u can use in the game to make new collections including some
for individual sites (if u like to organize your items by site). There is also a quick text tutorial on
how to install new icons & how to use them in the game.
This tutorial is basically the same but I wanted to add some screenshots to make it a little easier.
First, whether u downloaded some new icons from project: O or u have made your own following the tutorial there, u need to install them in your game. Look for your The Sims 2\Collections\Icons
folder. If u don't have one, u can simply create one. Place your icons in that folder. Tip: All icons should be in .jpg format & preferably a pixel size of 28w x 22h. Creating New Collections in the Game
- U can create a new collection with almost any item...buy/build objects, walls/floors, etc. For this example, I am going to make a collection of sideboards/buffets because I have a gazillion of them! LOL I have already installed my little icon I made for sideboards in my Collections\Icons folder.
- Once in the game, click on the Collections folder on the menu. This will activate the Collections folder (turn it green) & bring up all of your collection folders on the menu. If u have never created any collections before, u will just see the ones Maxis pre-created in the game. Also, if u have a LOT of stuff in your game (like me
), it may take a while for your collection folders menu to come up.
- Now u will see a small folder with a "+" on it to the right of your activated Collections folder. As u can see when u mouseover it, this is the Create New Collection
icon. Click it.
- This will bring up a popup window where u can give your new collection a name & also look for the icon u wish to associate with it. Type in the name of your new collection, find the icon u want to use, click on it to activate it & then click the checkmark to Accept.
Now u are ready to start adding objects to your new collection. Adding Items to a Collection
- Select your buy or build menu & find the item u want to add to a collection. Click on it. When the popup describing the item comes up, u will see a folder in the lower right of the window. Click on it to bring up the collection menu so u can add it. When u select an item in the menu, the popup always displays the default color of the item if there is more than one color option. I just leave that one selected.
- When your collection menu popups, pick the one u want the item to go into & click the check to Accept. Your item should now be in the collection u chose.
- To check, just click on the Collections folder, find the icon of the collection u placed the item in & click on it. U should now see the item in that collection. From here u can also remove any items from a collection by clicking on the folder in the lower right corner of the menu.
- This post has been edited by texkit1 on Apr 15 2012, 03:25 PM