Smooth Vanilla created by Lightz of the IF Skin Zone & edited by HoneyB.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Swarm. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules FYI...

The purpose of this forum is for all of us to share info. that might be helpful with The Sims & The Sims 2 or in general. So if u have any great info. u'd like to share with other members, feel free to post it. If you have a question but can't find an answer here then please post your question in the S.O.S. forum, not in this forum. Thanks!

Jumping to Sims 3, Is it worth it?
Kitty Felone
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 12:25 PM

Mud Dauber

Group: SWARMies
Member No.: 876

Hi all.. long time since I posted. I haven't even touched my Sims 2 game in a while.

I'm wondering if it's worth getting into Sims 3 at all. I only play for the build/buy mode capabilities and make maps for the stories I write (and sometimes use snapshots for background images in my graphics).

Sims 2 is pretty much all I ever needed as it's a big leap from the original Sims game. How much of a leap is it to Sims 3? Is it worth it? Are the graphics better? The commands better?

From what I gathered by the pictures, it looks like it's just a more enhanced Sims 2. Am I wrong?
Crocus3
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 12:54 PM

Joker Bee

Member No.: 163

Not a great builder myself, I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I find Sims 3 easier to use in a lot of respects. Recolouring things is much better and way more fun. Making things match is easier as you can drag colours, parts of patterns and whole patterns onto an object to recolour it. I have managed to do more with sims 3 in terms of building, than I ever did with sims 2 and it has basements in it, so you can build them a lot easier.

In terms of Sims 2, well I never really played sims 2, I used it for creating, I think that creating is easier in Sims 2 than sims 3. It is in some ways an enhanced Sims 2, but game play is better and there are more things you can do with it. I am not sure what others think. There have of course been a lot of bugs in this game and that has been a bit frustrating.

Hope someone else can give you a different view, but have noticed not so many people play sims 3 as they did sims 2.
Kitty Felone
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 01:54 PM

Mud Dauber

Member No.: 876

Thanks for the reply. I'm still unsure. I know from what I read, Ambitions sounds fun to actually PLAY the game. People may not play it much because they don't actually want to spend the great amounts of money again.

And as for the bugs... what kind of bugs and how bad are they? How many? Could be another reason people don't play it. I know I don't want to get into something that will crash every time.

This post has been edited by Kitty Felone on Jul 13 2010, 01:55 PM
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0992 seconds | Archive