View Full Version: Bf-110 G-2/r3

ScaleModelsMalaysia > Battle of Britain GB 2012 > Bf-110 G-2/r3

Title: Bf-110 G-2/r3
Description: Revell 1/48 BF-110 G-2/R3

kwongyan - July 7, 2012 02:02 PM (GMT)
This is for the battle of britain gb ...

Revell 1/48 BF-110 G-2/R3

<Images Moved to Aircraft - In Progress>

more pics coming soon ...

enghui - July 10, 2012 01:51 PM (GMT)
Lovely choice Kwong Yan,
You might be able to avoid puttying by taping a long piece of
masking tape from the left wingtip to the right wingtip.
And tensioning it so the gaps will close . This will help with the
dihedral as well .

kwongyan - July 27, 2012 04:42 PM (GMT)
master enghui, i m regretting picking this up from the stash and building ... there is jz soooo much work required .... the gaps are .... arghhhh

the gap at the under carriage .... hv to insert plastic card to fill the gap

<Images moved to Aircraft - In Progress>

omg ... what had i got myself into ....

enghui - July 28, 2012 02:40 AM (GMT)
Aiyoyoyo , so many gaps? I didn't know this kit had so many problems.
I have one myself.I hear the Eduard one has engine cowl fitting problems too.
I really hate sanding nowadays too , but it's necessary to do.

kwongyan - August 6, 2012 03:39 PM (GMT)
very very very slow progress .... but tat da ... the gaps are gone ...

<Images moved to Aircraft - In Progress>

nx up ... the painting process ... stay tuned...

kwongyan - August 11, 2012 11:08 AM (GMT)
as much as i would like to ramp up the production like master eng hui, this is just the speediest i can do ....

pre shaded, and the yellow bands are on ...

<Images moved to Aircraft - In Progress>

stay tune for the next progress ...

kwongyan - August 11, 2012 06:28 PM (GMT)
some little progress ...

<Images moved to Aircraft - In Progress>

to be continued

kwongyan - August 14, 2012 03:52 PM (GMT)
more progress ...

<Images moved to Aircraft - In Progress>

hmmm ... the lighter color spots are not so visible, will have to darken it a bit.

kwongyan - August 19, 2012 06:31 AM (GMT)
YESSS ... almost there ...

<Images moved to Aircraft - In Progress>

now for some "Future" and then weathering...

kwongyan - August 20, 2012 04:23 PM (GMT)
I can say this is completed ... jz left the swastika marking, that should be somewhere in the post office.

Anyway, its been a long and difficult build, with many shortcomings. Lots of filling and sanding required. The decals are ridiculously bad ... Quite a number of stencils were lost on the fuselage...

The in progress pictures has been moved to the Aircraft - In Progress section HERE

Here is the finished product, comments and feedback welcome.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Moving on to Cold War GB ...

Cheers and happy modelling

landyshah - August 21, 2012 04:06 PM (GMT)
Great result, worth the effort u put in ! But the first photo shock me with the colour haha

Look forward to your Cold war project pulak

rtfoe - August 21, 2012 04:49 PM (GMT)
Really good effort from a poor kit.

Your builds have improved tremendously and I think the harder the kit brings out the best. I like it a lot only you need to matt the can brush paint the matt varnish.

As Landy said look forward to your cold war build.


mr b - August 21, 2012 11:27 PM (GMT)
Good Work

Nice work on the mottel the others said the tyres needs some flat chief........

Lets see the cold war stuff .......roll it out chief........

Mr b

kwongyan - August 22, 2012 01:36 AM (GMT)
thanks for the kind words and encouragement.
will flat out the tyres ...

rftoe ... btw, i do have a Matt Varnish from an art shop, what can i use to thin it down. Its quite thick now.


enghui - August 22, 2012 01:58 AM (GMT)
It looks great! All the hard work paid off.If u have some pastel u can add water , make it into a paste and rub it on the wheels. Let it dry n brush it off , that will weather and Matt the finish at the same time.
Revell kits do not provide swasticas , you could mask and spray them on the tail fins .

rtfoe - August 22, 2012 07:35 AM (GMT)
Eng Hui's method sounds good and safe.

Don't know the brand you have so test a little of it in a container with any of the solvents you have. The one that mixes well could be it but after test painting on scrap to see if it works.


Hosted for free by zIFBoards