InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to ScaleModelsMalaysia. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
ATTENTION
Beginning September 2012, there are new rules being implemented on new registration accounts to curb the present problems we have with spammers. Please sign-in or register before accessing the complete forum.
For newly registered members, you are require to introduce yourself in the 'Introduction' thread. Once that is done, you will be promoted to 'Newbie' status and after an additional 4# posts, you will have full access to SMM forum.
Please take note of this new ruling. New ruling is also subjected to change over time.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (12) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

TUDM Sukhoi SU-30MKM Coming May 2007, Finally....
druid_99
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 12:24 PM

Snr Member
Group Icon

Group: SFTPMS
Member No.: 49

Ok guys, this are the picture of the SU-30MKM that I recieved from MiG21. biggrin.gif

user posted image
Bud Bilko
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 12:46 PM

Sarge Bilko
Group Icon

Member No.: 51

Lads,

It's the same colour of our Mig29N. For FS code: someone need to advise.

As for Miggy,

I will not diccuss politics over here. I can do that but it just a waste of time for people who don't understand how things work. Just go and built some plactic models.

Sarge
MiG21
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 02:19 PM

Snr Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 133

Hi,

When the question was posted at the forum how the Su-30 MKM is going to look like.

I guess like everyone else it would be hopeless to look for this answer from anywhere.

It has been suggested by our fellow member that this is going to be a surprised.

God knows when the Su-30MKM will be delivered? Let assume before Merdeka.

If they reveal a special commemorative color scheme to celebrate Merdeka, I for one would be the happiest person in the world to see that.

If the color is same as our current MiG 29, then what is so surprise or secret about that?

** edited **

Now as suggested by our fellow member. Go ahead and build the some model (SU-30MKMs????).

What if the "surprised" color is different from what they assumed. Do you think you waste the time and money on this project.

So would you take the risk, my fellow member?

** edited **

BTW, the above pic posted by Druid is a free color scheme we did just for the fun of it in 2003.

My questions are very simple.

** edited **

Maybe SFTPMS or SMM could officially write to them for an answer. That will confirm my doubt whether there is such a thing PR from them.

Below IS a real surprise from INDIA SU-30 MKI.
user posted image

Compare to this!
user posted image
f-4dablemodels
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 02:44 PM

Petaling Jaya
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

OK. It's time for the moderator to step in.

Please do not debate politics or imply it on this forum.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it comes to politics, we really do not want to know about it on this forum.

Keep discussing about potential and hypothetical schemes, but let's not discuss why's and why not's.

Any more politics, or implication of it and the thread will be locked down.

Jason
kuman
  Posted: Apr 6 2007, 03:17 PM

Kedah/Penang
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

biggrin.gif

now back to our regularly scheduled programming...biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------------

the image Druid99 posted is really similar to those used by the Indonesian (IIRC)..
of course 1 day i'll model mine in the TUDM Grey scheme (once have more resource and readily available reference) but for now i'll model mine with what i have for reference biggrin.gif

if anyone have a leaked shot, feel free to update in here and please put politics aside as the moderator mentioned... dont really want this thread to be "locked down"... since its been a good discussion thus far -minus the politics of course-

=======================================

i did some searching to find what is included in our SU-30MKM package (as it would contribute for us modeller to make an accurate one-visually) here is what i manage to find... the weapon package (i'll probably wont touch on all the internal package since i think it wont be that useful for us modeller, unless someone want to model all those sensors system smile.gif)

Taken from the other forum DefenseTalk:

The Su-30 MKM's weapons package will include
R-73E,
R-77, 
R-27R1,
R-27ER1,
R-27-ET1 air combat missiles,
a built-in single barrel 30mm GSh-301 internal gun ( with 150 rounds ),
Kh-31P supersonic anti-radiation missiles,
Kh-31A supersonic anti-ship missiles,
Kh-29TE TV-guided air to surface missiles,
Kh-59ME TV-guided anti ship missiles,
S-8KOM unguided air to surface rockets,
KAB-500Kr and KAB-1500Kr laser guided bombs
OFAB-100-120 gravity bombs.

The ZSh-7APN Sura-K helmet mounted display and sight (HMD) system supplied by the Arsenal Company of Ukraine will allow the pilot to turn his head in a 90 degrees FOV, lock on to a target and launch the Vympel R-73Es

i'll try to find a photo for the above weapons
i really hope that we can equip our MKM with some of those AntiSHip Moskit(??)

biggrin.gif

keep the suggestion and thought coming guys.. smile.gif

kuman

This post has been edited by kuman on Apr 6 2007, 03:30 PM
Bud Bilko
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 06:00 PM

Sarge Bilko
Group Icon

Thanks Jason,

Like I mentioned before, build some models; regardless it is accurate or not. This is just a hobby, what so difficult about that. The master of critic is oneself.

Sarge.

Brutus
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 07:04 PM

Hercules 1000Hrs Club

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (MiG21 @ Apr 6 2007, 10:00 AM)
Hi Brutus,

Sorry my last post was posted just 2 second after yours.
I guess I was writing it not knowing you were responding to the color scheme.

I guess we still have to hear and see it officially. Don't we?

Can the DOD confirm it?
E.g GRAY what gray? What code?

All they need is a simple PR exercise to entertain modeler who later
is doing the PR thing to promote their SU-30 MKM thru exhibition.

Is that too much to ask for?

No worries MiG21....nothing like ebay though, 2 seconds doesn't really matter when replying to the forum. Alright, back to the topic....color scheme. The inside story for the color isn't much of a big hoo hah to the boys in the service, they aren't modellers like us but the technology that would be used for it. Can't say much when it comes to why it's being picked (the color I mean) but then again, that was the last known information obtained some time back.

Brutus,

Goodness gracious, how simple can it be. A grey is a grey. Here's some color charts. Please to pick up that THE GREY for me. Thanks, buddy.

Sabrejet...I honestly don't have an exact color chart for the proposed color but like some had mentioned, it's going to be the grey scheme used for most of the aircraft in inventory. Go figure that out, anyway..it's going to make painting simple isn't it??

Brutus
- that news really broke my heart (well we're not the decision maker).. i guess u're right.. need to stock the GREY= H305 Grey (FS 36118) XF-24
- anyway... i'm going to build mine with the scheme proposed by ScaleNutz anyway (Grey-Green Splinter camo)... regardless if its official or not since that what i think is more suitable scheme for this great aircraft..

- What / how would warrant a Squadron to be considered as VIP Squadron?

Kuman...Don't be dishearted by unconfirmed news brother, that was the information given some time back but seriously come this July 07 you'll know the actual scheme/color. I personally would hold the process of painting just to get things right or go with that Indian scheme, pretty cool I would say!

About the VIP squadron, it's designated squadron is No.2 Sqn based in Subang, aircrafts are painted white and they carry the Agong, PM and certain dignitries. Though No.10 Squadon in Sempang, has that Blackhawk and N1 painted White..they are just to compliment task carried out to non airports location.

Ok guys...Move on, back to modelling and like Mods said No politics..It's just a hobby and one is trying to make it realistic,thats all! smile.gif
musangpulut
Posted: Apr 7 2007, 01:14 PM

jangan ajak saya bina kereta kebal

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (kuman @ Apr 6 2007, 03:17 PM)
biggrin.gif

now back to our regularly scheduled programming...biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------------

the image Druid99 posted is really similar to those used by the Indonesian (IIRC)..
of course 1 day i'll model mine in the TUDM Grey scheme (once have more resource and readily available reference) but for now i'll model mine with what i have for reference biggrin.gif

if anyone have a leaked shot, feel free to update in here and please put politics aside as the moderator mentioned... dont really want this thread to be "locked down"... since its been a good discussion thus far -minus the politics of course-

=======================================

i did some searching to find what is included in our SU-30MKM package (as it would contribute for us modeller to make an accurate one-visually) here is what i manage to find... the weapon package (i'll probably wont touch on all the internal package since i think it wont be that useful for us modeller, unless someone want to model all those sensors system smile.gif)

Taken from the other forum DefenseTalk:

The Su-30 MKM's weapons package will include
R-73E,
R-77, 
R-27R1,
R-27ER1,
R-27-ET1 air combat missiles,
a built-in single barrel 30mm GSh-301 internal gun ( with 150 rounds ),
Kh-31P supersonic anti-radiation missiles,
Kh-31A supersonic anti-ship missiles,
Kh-29TE TV-guided air to surface missiles,
Kh-59ME TV-guided anti ship missiles,
S-8KOM unguided air to surface rockets,
KAB-500Kr and KAB-1500Kr laser guided bombs
OFAB-100-120 gravity bombs.

The ZSh-7APN Sura-K helmet mounted display and sight (HMD) system supplied by the Arsenal Company of Ukraine will allow the pilot to turn his head in a 90 degrees FOV, lock on to a target and launch the Vympel R-73Es

i'll try to find a photo for the above weapons
i really hope that we can equip our MKM with some of those AntiSHip Moskit(??)

biggrin.gif

keep the suggestion and thought coming guys.. smile.gif

kuman

nah... no R-77 adder..ermm maybe they will use MiG-29N's R-77 stocks perhaps? wink.gif
Brutus
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:32 PM

Hercules 1000Hrs Club

Got the word that the Sukhois are coming this end of May, got the date already but since everybody had lost the suspense of the color...I would just hold it back for a while. So, shutterbugs be ready with those lenses and be the first few to capture it before others do. smile.gif
kuman
  Posted: Apr 9 2007, 01:05 PM

Kedah/Penang
Group Icon

QUOTE (Brutus @ Apr 9 2007, 12:32 PM)
Got the word that the Sukhois are coming this end of May, got the date already but since everybody had lost the suspense of the color...I would just hold it back for a while. So, shutterbugs be ready with those lenses and be the first few to capture it before others do. smile.gif

Brutus biggrin.gif

great news since now we have the date already... maybec an give the date here so we can have our "shutterbugs" ready by the fence to capture the moment.. and end all the color speculations.. biggrin.gif

hopwully some one can post it in here.. biggrin.gif

kuman
Brutus
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 09:47 AM

Hercules 1000Hrs Club

QUOTE (kuman @ Apr 9 2007, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (Brutus @ Apr 9 2007, 12:32 PM)
Got the word that the Sukhois are coming this end of May, got the date already but since everybody had lost the suspense of the color...I would just hold it back for a while. So, shutterbugs be ready with those lenses and be the first few to capture it before others do.  smile.gif

Brutus biggrin.gif

great news since now we have the date already... maybec an give the date here so we can have our "shutterbugs" ready by the fence to capture the moment.. and end all the color speculations.. biggrin.gif

hopwully some one can post it in here.. biggrin.gif

kuman

Kuman....the suspense is killing you,right??? laugh.gif
kuman
  Posted: Apr 10 2007, 11:51 AM

Kedah/Penang
Group Icon

QUOTE (Brutus @ Apr 10 2007, 09:47 AM)

Kuman....the suspense is killing you,right??? laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

yup... biggrin.gif
u noticed dont you

can anyone verify if the changes in the avionic etc would change the layout of the cockpit and instrument panel as well?

kuman
kerastangan
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 02:34 PM

Tadak skill!

Member No.: 27

Maybe..maybe not. And I believe TUDM is extremely reluctant to show their cockpits.
Bud Bilko
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 03:36 PM

Sarge Bilko
Group Icon

He he he...

It's a NO go area as far as the RMAF policy concern. They will entertain you but no camera please, just a peep, that will do if you're lucky. If you have an 8 or 9 year old kid, they probably be allowed to sit in. As for us OTAI's, forget it!! (Old Timers).

Sarge.
kerastangan
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 08:32 AM

Tadak skill!

Member No.: 27

Needs someone with a photographic memory then...hehehe
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Aircraft | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (12) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1038 seconds | Archive