zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to ScaleModelsMalaysia. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
ATTENTION
Beginning September 2012, there are new rules being implemented on new registration accounts to curb the present problems we have with spammers. Please sign-in or register before accessing the complete forum.
For newly registered members, you are require to introduce yourself in the 'Introduction' thread. Once that is done, you will be promoted to 'Newbie' status and after an additional 4# posts, you will have full access to SMM forum.
Please take note of this new ruling. New ruling is also subjected to change over time.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

1/48 TUDM SU-30MKM - Completed, Photo Intensive - Beware
kuman
  Posted: Aug 29 2007, 12:21 PM

Kedah/Penang
Group Icon

Group: SFTPMS
Member No.: 25

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

-COMPLETED-

ok guys.... as you guys already know... this little "Labour of Love" from me is completed and thanks to all for all the suggestion and comments thus far and more comments are still welcomed.. biggrin.gif

- enjoy the photos and thanks to Thomas & Ck Loo for the awesome shot... biggrin.gif
(The photos alerady being resize by me to help those with slower connection, hope its ok)

- The Work In Progress discussion can be viewed HERE
- and the general SU-30MKM discussion can be viewed HERE
- also i'll upload these shot and a little story in my new website as well... biggrin.gif http://kumanworks.110mb.com biggrin.gif

and dont forget to look at the actual model on display @MySciFiFan Outpost Cineleasure from now until the end of the week.

thanks

Lan/kuman

ENJOY

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Lan/kuman

kay
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 01:04 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 230

nice model Kuman ! saw it at Cineleisure last Sunday evening...any ideas on what color scheme i should use for my Academy 1/48 Su-27 converted into TUDM colors ? wink.gif
kuman
  Posted: Aug 29 2007, 01:07 PM

Kedah/Penang
Group Icon

QUOTE (kay @ Aug 29 2007, 01:04 PM)
nice model Kuman ! saw it at Cineleisure last Sunday evening...any ideas on what color scheme i should use for my Academy 1/48 Su-27 converted into TUDM colors ? wink.gif

as suggested by many... i use Gunze H335...
matching color indeed and use a lil touch of white to the 335 for the nosecone color.. biggrin.gif

the Academy Su-27 IS the way to go and if want to build a superb SU-30MKM biggrin.gif
mine use the MiniHobby Model as base so i have to make do with the shortcoming of that kits.. biggrin.gif

hope to see your build soon smile.gif

kuman
Bomber Vince
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 01:20 PM

PJ Kaki ^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 185

Great Job Kuman, I've senn the kit personally, Overall it's good, places that can improved

1. metalic paint on the exaust
2. overall finishing, the plane is bit too glossy in some areas, try spraing a satin or matt coat.

but for a kitech kit with conversion that can be don in this short time, all i can said is, YOU ARE THE MAN.

Keep up the good work, lookin forward to your comming builds.
kerastangan
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 03:36 PM

Tadak skill!

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

Looks great Mr germ!

BTW I read somewhere that the best starter Su-27 kit for conversion into Su-30 is Heller's (but can't remember whether for 1/48 or 1/72...i think 1/72)
kuman
  Posted: Aug 29 2007, 03:59 PM

Kedah/Penang
Group Icon

@BV
- yea noted on the Metalizer, all this while i only used the Burnt Iron mix with either Chrome/ Flat Aluminium.. and graciously i already plan to get 1 biggrin.gif
- as for Glossy finish, its due to FUTURE biggrin.gif in with this comment (a few other also inform me abt this glossiness) i'm getting some matte finishng namely the Humbrol Matte and Satin finishing coat biggrin.gif

@kerastangan
- i believe its in the 1/72 scale... for 1/48 the only way to go is with the Kitech/Zhengdefu/(in my case) ]MiniHobby Models and to avoid all the BIG headache get the Academy SU-27UB (still some small headache but manageable) biggrin.gif

thanks guys.. anymore is always welcomed.. biggrin.gif

kuman
kerastangan
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 04:25 PM

Tadak skill!

Member No.: 27

I can definitely use your build log as inspiration when I tackle my own project some time in the future....
PoohBear
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 06:04 PM

A fly can't bird but a bird can fly...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 212

You are really making me itchy to do one. laugh.gif

Keep up with the good work and efforts smile.gif
eehtsitna
Posted: Sep 1 2007, 10:13 PM

Member No.: 107

Finally can see all the pics here at home!!! biggrin.gif Yup its a bit too clean for my case. tongue.gif Guess i shouldnt complain too much too since all my kits are rather clean too. biggrin.gif
Poopeh
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 12:54 PM

Snr Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

Kuman, impressive work. Your skill certainly has improved a lot since you first joined the forum. Keep up the good work. Was it you at HHQ last sunday with druid 99?
kuman
  Posted: Sep 4 2007, 02:25 PM

Kedah/Penang
Group Icon

QUOTE (Poopeh @ Sep 4 2007, 12:54 PM)
Kuman, impressive work. Your skill certainly has improved a lot since you first joined the forum. Keep up the good work. Was it you at HHQ last sunday with druid 99?

laugh.gif biggrin.gif

yea... that was me poopeh..... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

thanks to all of the guys here that i learnt a lot in the process biggrin.gif

and the "complementary" handpiece helps a lot as well biggrin.gif

kuman
wuichong
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 10:22 AM

Sandakan, Sabah.
Group Icon

Member No.: 44

Kuman:

You have a excellent SU-30MKM!!! Thanks for you informations.
http://www.airwar.ru/other/drawe.html
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Aircraft | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1129 seconds | Archive