Revised by Storm 03 May 2008, topic version here
These rules must be followed. Not abiding them may result in warning, suspension, banning and/or termination of your account.
If you see someone breaking the rules, we urge you to report it to an administrator or moderator immediately.
THE GOLDEN BRICK RULES OF CONDUCT
1 Offensive Posting
Posts that are unnecessarily offensive to other users are prohibited. These are as example, but not limited to:
• Hate speech
• Gender/race discrimination
• Sexual-preference insults/discrimination
• Linking to offensive links or images
2 Disruptive Posting
Posts that are considered disruptive to read, intentional or not, are prohibited. This rule is enforced less strictly on boards such as Spam-a-lot, but some examples include:
• Posts that force the browser to scroll horizontally
• Usage of aLt cAps, 1337sp34k, or excessive ALL CAPS
• Large blank spaces in posts
• Unecessary walls of text, or large images (topics containing meaningful examples should be marked by the topic creator)
• "Post" topics outside of Spam-a-lot
• Overusage of punctuation, emoticons, or swear words
• Flagrant ignorance of the rules of spelling and grammar
• Linking to annoying webpages or URLs
• Signature images should not breach 225px height in total
. Text can be left to your discretion, but if the staff see it to be too high we will remove the offending signature and notify you.
• Posting messages without any sort of purpose; any post outside of Spam-a-lot should typically contribute to the subject at hand.
Necrobumping is also disallowed on any topic that embodies all of the following criteria:
• The topic is over two months old
• The topic is at page three of topics or older before bumping
• You have nothing essential to add to the topic's current discussion
Pointless advertisement of your site is disallowed, except in the following places.
• Your user profile, or signature
• The designated Advertisements
Posts that insult other users without significant reasoning are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Outright flaming ("Screw you")
• Name-calling ("You moron")
• Insinuations ("Are you an idiot or something?")
Posts that are intended solely to annoy, or incite flames from other posters are similarly disallowed, including but not being limited to:
• Provoking others to respond with flames
• Making misleading topic titles
• Asking clearly pointless questions
• Mini-modding/sucking up ("I'm telling the mods about this!", "In before the lock!")
• Purposely derailing topics from their original use ("This topic sucks and is now about trains")
• Being generally annoying
6 Illegal Activities
Doing things that are clearly illegal will not be tolerated, and will be moderated harshly when found; this may involve for asking/providing the following:
• Illegal copies of copyrighted
- Other types of media/multimedia
• Methods of cheating in online games
If you're going to post spoilers, mark them with clearly defined *spoiler* tags, and clearly define this with what you're spoiling, unless said has already been stated in the topic title. The generally accepted way of using spoiler tags can is this way:
[quote=spoilers for titanic][color=088193]the titanic sinks[/color][/quote]
This turns into:
8 Off-Topic Posting
|QUOTE (spoilers for titanic)|
|the titanic sinks|
Posting topics completely unrelated to the board's subject is not allowed. Spam-a-lot and Chat are typically assigned to non-specific discussion, but anything following a designated subject should stick to the forums that discuss them.
TGB has a very active roleplay community, and many new topics are made at one time. The rules of this are as follows:
• The "Story Master" (or SM) is in full control of his plot and goings on at the time. Only the SM can designate other SMs, and any disagreement with the SM about one of their changes in plotline is not allowed.
• Do not godmode (create abnormally powerful or story-breaking characters, objects, attacks or plotlines) without express permission from the Story Master at the time.
• Posts should generally pertain to the plot; major plot changes should be discussed with the SM before hand
• Do not "control other characters" unless the outcome of doing so is immaterial to the storyline.
• Characters should typically stray from the "Mary Sue/Gary Stu" trap (this is discussed in more detail here
• Any attempt to hack or take unauthorised access of another TGB user's account will be met with severe punishment
• Inciting invasion against another site is similarly prohibited.
• Posting pornography or "unsafe for work images" must be confined to its own topic, and must be clearly marked with a *NWS* warning in the topic title. Note, adult images that are too extreme in depiction or subject matter will be moderated regardless.
• All rules apply to user profiles and signatures, except where stated otherwise.
x Moderator Discretion
• The staff at TGB reserve the right to moderate any given post for any given reason which falls within their power. If you believe a moderator has acted severely out of line, feel free to contact one of the administrators at the following addresses:
Drifting Swordsman - MSN: brendon_cain [at] hotmail [dot] com, AIM: LegoMan727
Storm - MSN: elimabob [at] hotmail [dot] com, AIM: elimus2005
dalawman - MSN: dalawman [at] hotmail [dot] com, AIM: dalawman
Thank you for visiting The Golden Brick!