Skin created by AgnosticAngel at the IF Skin Zone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Loserz Message Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]  ( Go to first unread post )

Israel vs the rest of the Middle East.
WildCard4005
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 11:18 AM

Combat Tested. Combat Proven.

Group: Nerd General
Member No.: 493

Dude, CNN is incredibly liberal. It just happens to go with your slant, so you don't see it. See, I know FoxNews is biased because I watch it and don't get pissed off (i.e. it's conservative). I watch any other news channel, and I get pissed of at the partisan hackery (i.e. it's liberal and I get angry). But at least I acknowledge the slant on both. CNN does do downright propaganda. I was watching it once and they had a special on some dude who was getting executed in some obscure state. Then, out of no where, at the end of the story, they added in how many people were executed while Bush was governor there. What? Was that an after thought? What the fuck was the relevance, if any, to the story of one dude in a different state getting the axe? I'll tell you why: partisan hackery. You see, Jon Stewart had it right when he went on Crossfire, and I respect the man very much. As for Bill O'Reilly, the dude is a pompous asshole, and he loves hearing himself talk. He does have a point about the war on Christmas, but he goes about shit the wrong way. Also, O'Reilly really isn't a news show, it's his own talk show and he can do what he wants. It would be like if you criticized Maury for doing shit to Jon Stewart. Yes, O'Reilly tackles current events, but I've watched it, and I don't think it's a bona fide news-magazine type show. He really is more of a talk show host.

And I know V was written in the 80s, and I know the character himself is looking for vengeance, but I'm talking about the movie that was made last year. Yes, the character was doing it for vengeance, yet the director of the movie put in a huge anti-Bush slant (but the movie was still awesome enough for me to enjoy, I just can call a spade a spade).
Redslash
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 02:55 PM

Snow Pants

Group: Nerd
Member No.: 820

QUOTE (WildCard4005 @ Aug 11 2006, 11:18 AM)
Dude, CNN is incredibly liberal. It just happens to go with your slant, so you don't see it. See, I know FoxNews is biased because I watch it and don't get pissed off (i.e. it's conservative). I watch any other news channel, and I get pissed of at the partisan hackery (i.e. it's liberal and I get angry). But at least I acknowledge the slant on both. CNN does do downright propaganda. I was watching it once and they had a special on some dude who was getting executed in some obscure state. Then, out of no where, at the end of the story, they added in how many people were executed while Bush was governor there. What? Was that an after thought? What the fuck was the relevance, if any, to the story of one dude in a different state getting the axe? I'll tell you why: partisan hackery. You see, Jon Stewart had it right when he went on Crossfire, and I respect the man very much. As for Bill O'Reilly, the dude is a pompous asshole, and he loves hearing himself talk. He does have a point about the war on Christmas, but he goes about shit the wrong way. Also, O'Reilly really isn't a news show, it's his own talk show and he can do what he wants. It would be like if you criticized Maury for doing shit to Jon Stewart. Yes, O'Reilly tackles current events, but I've watched it, and I don't think it's a bona fide news-magazine type show. He really is more of a talk show host.

And I know V was written in the 80s, and I know the character himself is looking for vengeance, but I'm talking about the movie that was made last year. Yes, the character was doing it for vengeance, yet the director of the movie put in a huge anti-Bush slant (but the movie was still awesome enough for me to enjoy, I just can call a spade a spade).

dude i know what you mean and I hate so many tv stations for that.

I don't even watch cbc anymore because they are so liberal it's gay. Their always playing little documentaries about their favorite liberal prime minister it's annoying. Their always talking about the golden days of Pierre Elliot Treadeau or Lyon Mackenzie King. They spend so much time bashing the decisions of our current (conservative) government and prime minister.
Korin
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 08:19 AM

Delicious eyeliner, om nom nom

Member No.: 20

Heaven forbid a station with a liberal affiliation should show liberal documentaries. rolleyes.gif
geminib
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 10:17 AM

JEAAAN!

Member No.: 130

Hey, that was the argument people on the right made about FOX News and we were bashed as neo cons hate mongerers and FOX News was was some kind of evil entity for showing other viewpoints. Are you seeing how this works?
blackpiratepezz
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 10:58 AM

Thong

Member No.: 759

This really shows that the party system isn't for the benefit of the country anymore, but personal power and power over the other side... Oh well, two sides argueing (broadly) is a lot better than every American argueing with all the others, even if it does mean the only thinking a person has to do is whether they want to appear with a little D or a little R after their name on talkshows.
cmdrnmartin
Posted: Feb 8 2010, 11:59 PM

I am carved from pure testosterone.

Group: Commander of Pineapples
Member No.: 348

Can we headstone this topic?

One of my favourites.
WildCard4005
Posted: Feb 9 2010, 12:30 AM

Combat Tested. Combat Proven.

Member No.: 493

Wow.

I've forgotten what it's like to have almost an entire thread of people agree with me.
hydrowolfy
Posted: Feb 9 2010, 05:12 PM

Lord High Inquisitor of Awesome

Member No.: 7

done
« Next Oldest | Headstones | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive