What makes a forum great? (popular)
- Fun activities or things going on in the forum. Many updates with new things to read/play/get involved in.
What content do people in the simming community enjoy?
- I think people enjoy their CC most of all, I know I do. I enjoy the magazines if they are relevant. The fashion magazines never really interested my that much because besides showing off talent, they didn't do much else. Magazines that introduce you to new sites/creators/editors, or teach you stuff (like living magazine) about how to play and enjoy the game are fun.
What features should a community have? or which features are most desired in a community (emotes, colors, skins, money, customization, etc.)
- I think that PM is nice. I've been to forums where there aren't PM and it's kind of irritating. I love lots of emoties to choose from, and I think money is a good idea as long as there is good and reasonable incentive to earn and spend the money.
Should there be a HUGE array of things to do? or keep it simple?
- I think that really depends on the type of community you want to have and how active you'd like it to be. I think the more things going on, the more active and exciting the forum would be, and the more of a draw to new members it will be to join and it will keep existing members coming back to see what's going on.
Do people really even have any more interest in simming communities?
- I know I do, but I think with the sims 3 people are unsure of how to stay in their old sims communities. If that makes sense.
Advertising a forum - what is the best way to get a forum out there, and what erks people in the community about advertising?
- I think putting things in sim magazines (if you're doing a sim forum) and flickr would be a good way. I know some forums don't like you to advertise about the happenings of other forums on THEIR forum, but I think that's really... immature. >_>
Things that can & do go wrong - are there ways to fix things?
- I think allowing "cliques" to form really can ruin a forum. Or having the peace over-run by rude, entitled members who think they own certain parts of the forum.
People - interacting with others at a forum. Difficult vs. Easy
- I think if the organization of the forum is simple interaction is easy. But I've been to some forums where replying to anything was a total hassle and understanding the organization of posts was even worse.
VIP Forums - Stupid vs. Good
- Not stupid, but bad as this encourages clique-iness
Colors of a Forum - What erks people about forum layouts?
- LIGHT COLORS! Omg, and boxes all over the place and lots of words to look at and just. It makes going into a forum a pain. Good = High contrast and a clean organized look.
How important are Emotes?
- very important!
Basically anything debatable about forums
- Some forums are weird about new members by either ignoring them or pushing them out of activities and I think that is awful.